What is included in CARVA?
There are 10 chapters and 10 tests in this course.
- Chapter 1: Core Competencies
- Chapter 2: Communication
- Chapter 3: Documentation
- Chapter 4: PIMS
- Chapter 5: Billing
- Chapter 6: Medical Terms
- Chapter 7: Medicine, Surgery and Dentals
- Chapter 8: Lab Work
- Chapter 9: Medications
- Chapter 10: Finding a Job
Skill up with CARVA
We train veterinary receptionists to deliver extraordinary customer service and patient care. We accomplish this by teaching a variety of skills you will need in your position. Your training will allow you to use the skills and knowledge you have learned to be the best veterinary receptionist you can be. There are no shortcuts. Our goals are only accomplished with a real commitment from every team member.
Questions about CARVA?
Have a representative reach out about getting enrolled in our program and answer any questions you have.
What will you learn?
- How to speak to a client
- How to handle emergency calls
- How to handle an upset client
Common Practice Management Software
- How to find accounts
- How to create a new client account
- How to read an estimate/invoice
- The names of different PIMS systems
How to Read Medical Records
- Common abbreviations
- What vaccines are and what they cover
- Veterinary terminology
Medical Terminology/Lab Testing
- Definitions of common medical terms
- In-house vs. outside labs
- Lab protocols
How to Interview
- Interview skills
- How to get references
- Writing a resume.
- Dos and don’ts on a resume
The experts behind CARVA!
Jeremy has been a veterinarian since 2003. He has worked in multiple emergency, specialty and general practices, some of which he has owned. He has a passion for the management side of veterinary medicine and strives to improve efficiency and workflow to better serve the patients and clients. This in turn helps improve the practice and leads to happier team members. His golden retriever Chewy lives up to his name!
Phil is a board-certified surgeon in PA. He co-founded Chronos after realizing how much a remote team had transformed his general practice. He has owned or co-owned 7 practices over the years. He actually thinks practice management is interesting. He is a serial entrepreneur, speaker and author.
Lindsay joined Chronos in 2021 with a decade of experience in veterinary medicine and exotic animal behavior. Utilizing her veterinary knowledge and animal training experience, she shifted her focus to teaching humans rather than animals. She now contributes to CARVA by putting her veterinary background and training skills to use by empowering individuals to excel in their careers in veterinary medicine.
Read our Testimonial
I think that the CARVA program is helpful for new people going into the veterinary field and for a refresher for people who already work in it.”
– Kaylee M.
“I just completed CARVA. After already having some experience as a CSR, this program taught me so many important fundamentals to further my career in the veterinary medicine field. I really enjoyed how in-depth the reading material was as well as the videos. I think with the key fundamentals this program teaches, any CSR could benefit from taking this course.”
– Ashlie Y.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does the program take?
How can I get in touch with the instructor?
What materials are provided?
How much does it cost?
Is it customizable or standard for each student?
What are the hopes for the student after the course?
Terms and Conditions
- SERVICES PROVIDED
- The teacher hereby agrees to engage the student and to provide the student with various learning platforms, including written text, learning videos, and testing.
- At the end of the course and after passing the tests, the student will receive a certificate of completion via email.
- The course will begin 2 days (48 hours) after signing up. All information will be sent to the student via email. Any correspondence with takes place via email unless otherwise agreed to.
- TERM OF AGREEMENT
- The term of this Agreement (the “Term”) will begin 2 days (48 hours) after sign-up. This Agreement will remain in full force and effect until the student completes the courses. Course should be completed in 1 year from the date of sign up. If a student fails to complete the course in 1 year, the student might be unenrolled from the course.
In the event that either Party wishes to terminate this Agreement prior to the start date 2 days (48 hours) after sign-up. The student can do so immediately by serving a written notice to the other Party at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations, Refunds, & Termination
Your satisfaction with CARVA is important to us. However, because of the extensive time, effort, preparation, and care that goes into creating and providing the course, we have a no refund policy 2 days (48 hours) after you sign up. Unless otherwise provided by law, you acknowledge that we do not offer refunds for any portion of your payment for any portion of our course and no refunds will be provided to you after 2 days (48 hours). By using and/or purchasing our course, you understand and agree that all sales are final, and no refunds will be provided after 2 days (48 hours). Once the course is started there are no refunds. The course will begin 48 hours after enrollment.
If you would like to cancel or terminate your participation in the course, you must contact CARVA via email at email@example.com and include the following:
Please cancel my subscription.
[ENTER YOUR NAME]